Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When would you be available to walk my dog?
We are open Monday through to Friday from 8.30 until 5.30pm.
- Q: Will my dogs have fun on their walk?
Of course! we pride ourselves on being able to offer a fun, attentive and tailored service! We will make sure your dog has the best walk possible and via our mobile app we have all their information so we can cater to their specific needs and wants.
- Q: How many dogs are walked at any one time?
Unlike most dog walkers, I only walk 2 dogs at a time. This ensures that they don’t get over excited, have my full attention and are kept safe.
- Q: Will I always have the same walker?
Yes. We endeavour to maintain a consistent relationship between you and your walker.
- Q: What happens in bad weather ?
Walkie Paws will walk your dogs in all weather unless its heavy snow, ice or thunderstorms or very high winds. In which case we can visit your home to spend time with your dog at home to make sure they have a chance to go to the toilet in the garden to break up their day.
- Q: What do you do in case of emergency?
I will first call you to discuss the situation and to sort out the best plan of action, if you cannot be reached and medical attention is required I will take your pet to the vet designated by you or the nearest one to our current location.
- Q: How do you arrange picking up and dropping off the dogs?
I will collect your dog from your house at a designated time, and then return them safely after their walk. If they travel in my car it will be for a short distance and with no other clients’ dog, ensuring they are calm and unstressed before and after their walk.
- Q: How do you keep my keys safe?
Your key will be kept secure and away from personal information. They are only marked with your dog’s name so can’t be identified to any property. In the event of your key being lost or stolen I will advise you. Your personal information will never be sold or discussed with any 3rd parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Q: What happens if my Dog Walker is away or unwell?
If I am on holiday I will give you at least 4 week’s notice. Should you wish I will endeavor to find you a replacement. I will ensure they will have already met your dog so that they know their routine and are fully prepared. In the event I am unable to do a walk at very short notice due to illness, I will endeavor to find you a replacement, but cannot always guarantee this.
- Q: How do we arrange payment?
Payment for your dog walks could not be simpler we will send you an invoice every week. We accept all major credit and debit cards and if you would like to pay monthly we can arrange a monthly direct debit.
- Q: I only require occasional walks for my dog, not every week can you help ?
Yes. We are happy to provide our dog walking service as and when you require.
- Q: Do you take Bitches in season for a walk?
Unfortunately we are unable to do so but instead would visit your home to make sure that they have ample playtime and a comfort break in your garden.
- Q: What is your cancellation policy?
For regular bookings, the cancellation period is a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. There is no charge if a booking is cancelled within this timeframe. If the notice is on the day of booking (except in an emergency) the owner will be charged 50% of the usual booking fee.
- Q: How do you accommodate nervous dogs?
We would offer home visits or solo walks where your dog would have one-on-one attention.
- Q: Are you insured?
Yes we have a full liability insurance with Cliverton Insurance.
- Q: Are you CRB checked ?
Yes we hold a current CRB certificate.
- Q: What are your terms and conditions ?
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Walkie Paws or is using any other services provided by Muddy Paws, and agrees to indemnify Walkie Paws in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Walkie Paws has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Walkie Paws staff prior to using Walkie Paws. Walkie Paws reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Walkie Paws immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Walkie Paws offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Walkie Paws will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of Walkie Paws staff.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Walkie Paws, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of Walkie Paws to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Walkie Paws may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. Walkie Paws reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including bordetella), or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. Bitches may not attend Walkie Paws while in season or pregnant.
10. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Walkie Paws responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Walkie Paws immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Walkie Paws reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
12. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Walkie Paws without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Walkie Paws.
13. The Client agrees that Walkie Paws is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
14. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
15. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Walkie Paws in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
16. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by Walkie Paws in writing.